Bikini Goals: My Personalised Programme Ready for the Summer
I like to take care of myself and adopt good habits so I feel good about my body and feel comfortable wearing a bikini whenever I like! Whether you prefer to maintain your bikini body all year round or follow an intense muscle-building programme before your holidays, the #ProFormTeam helps you put together a plan combining exercise and nutrition!
My Body, My Bikini, My Programme!
This summer, I want to feel good in a bikini. But I’m doing it for myself, not just to look like everyone else. I don’t always recognise myself in the advice I read in magazines, so I’ll create a personalised programme that suits ME. Thinking about what I want helps me to establish an action plan:
- I like my body the way it is, and I want to enhance my figure with a swimming costume that suits me: in my size, one-piece or two-piece, just the way I like it, fun and colourful or plain and simple (or I can alternate both according to my mood, why not?). Step 1: find MY bikini, something I like that will justify all my workout efforts! I’ll motivate myself by hanging it up at home in my fitness area and then accessorize it with a sarong, shorts or a T-shirt.
- I’m going to target the areas I want to tone, but to keep my spirits up, for every area I’m not happy with, I find another one that I like just the way it is! I will take a photo and my measurements to track my progress.
- I want to be comfortable and in the best shape of my life and do all the activities I can think of this summer. Canoeing, climbing, swimming in a lake, walking by the sea, water skiing and more. I’ll be at my best all summer long!
- I’m preparing my body for the sun and the heat: I want to maintain my healthy weight and boost my circulation with targeted exercises to get great legs. I’m adapting my nutrition with the added benefit of reducing the orange peel effect.
Express Bikini Programme or Year-Round Bikini Goal? I Decide!
I choose my workout according to the time I have left before the summer, and above all, my personality. I have a choice: intense fitness in a few weeks with a trip at the end or short sessions, but all year round. The second option has the advantage of not feeling like a special effort but a way to stay in shape at any time.
My Intensive Programme: 8 Weeks Before the Beach
To get back into shape quickly before the summer, opt for an intense programme, with at least 3 sessions of 30 to 45 minutes of exercise per week. Combine cardio and muscle strengthening in the areas you want to target to tone the body before the bikini stage:
- Side scissors with elastic bands to firm up the inner thighs
- Stair climbers, lunges and squats to build up the glutes
- Planks and crunches to sculpt the abs and improve posture
- Classic or knee press-ups to shape the shoulders and work the pecs
- Other appropriate exercises
For rapid fat loss, opt for HIIT training, which are short sets (10 to 30 minutes depending on motivation and physical condition) at high intensity that burn calories up to a few hours after the workout.
Plan rest days, especially after HIIT sessions, so that you can persevere for a long time, but also so that the body can consolidate muscle!
My Gentle Plan for the Whole Year
With a more gentle method, you can integrate exercise into your daily routine all year round. You can do endurance training on a 400i or 750R, with sessions lasting more than 30 minutes to force the body to draw on its fat reserves, and plan a dynamic activity as well: dance, Zumba, team sports, etc.
To target particular areas, set yourself small challenges: squats, press-ups, crunches, etc. Increase the length of the series every day. Go for it!
Nutritional Tips to Complement my Training
Of course, you need to adopt a balanced diet to optimise the results:
- Drink 1 to 1.5 litres of water a day to have beautiful skin, be in shape and fight against water retention.
- Include fruit and vegetables in all meals. To prepare skin for tanning, go for carrots and apricots, which are rich in beta-carotene.
- Eat less red meat, or make sure to eat a sufficient proportion of vegetable proteins if you’re veggie. The amino acids produced by digesting proteins will enable the body to build muscle.
- Eat enough: to maintain regular physical activity. The body needs energy. Only limit sugar, salt and saturated fats.
The big day is approaching, and you still have a few bulges left? So what? It’s summer, enjoy yourself: put on a favourite outfit, and go to the beach. New lifestyle habits make you a fit holidaymaker ready to practice your favourite activities. Whether in a bikini or not, feel good about your body and forget about everything else!